Sunday, February 1, 2009

Freudian Blip

Google's Marissa Meyer updates us on a small snafu:
If you did a Google search between 6:30 a.m. PST and 7:25 a.m. PST this morning, you likely saw that the message "This site may harm your computer" accompanied each and every search result. This was clearly an error, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to our users.

What happened? Very simply, human error.
Well Dave, I don't think there is any question about it, it can only be attributable to human error. This sort of thing has cropped up before, and it has always been due to human error.

1 comment:

Al said...

That reminds me of this dream I once had, where I was kind of only partially awake, and I was struggling to say something but as I spoke the words came out scrambled, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get my mouth to say the words right or get myself to wake up. Until, eventually, I did wake up.

http://www.last.fm/music/+noredirect/LCD+Soundsystem/_/45%3A33+(V)